Come and Sew Boomerang Bags with us!We have Free Sew In Sessions to make Boomerang Bags every 1st and 3rd Friday of the Month from 1pm to 3pm. It's FREE. Use one of our classroom machines or bring your own. All supplies for making Boomerang Bags are provided!We launched the Madison chapter of the Boomerang Bags on Earth Day 2019. Instructions for sewing a bag here
Six sewists met at the Electric Needle to discuss what we can do to increase the discussion around single use plastic and to create items with textiles that would otherwise have gone to the landfill that are multi-use alternatives to the common plastic bag.
I have chosen to start this chapter because I felt like there would be like minded people in the Madison Area who would like to work together to make a difference. I hope that our chapter helps to build community as well as diverting textiles from the landfill and at the same time reducing the use of single use plastic.
Join us for our events - we will be prepping materials and stitching bags:
We have identified that we need volunteers to:
- Cut and press textiles for bag production - do you enjoy measuring or ironing?
- Stitch bags - do you enjoy sewing?
- Share bags within the community and start the conversation about single use plastic - do you enjoy giving?
The Electric Needle is committed to supporting the Madison Boomerang Bag group by:
- Making creative space available for project meet ups - planning meetings, prep and sewing spaces.
- Hosting this webpage
- Distributing bags
- Using wholesale purchasing to make donations go further for thread, needles and other items as the group sees fit.
- Our Fabric Donations are currently on hold. We are out of space.
To contact us, please call The Electric Needle at 608-422-5449 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your time and interest.